Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
I'm running Boot Camp for gaming on my 13" Mid 2010 MacBook Pro, and right now I'm running XP because I play some older games and there aren't many new games just yet that don't have XP support. However, I'm wondering if the integrated GeForce 320M supports DirectX 10. If so, it might be worth upgrading to Windows 7 for the boost in graphics performance. Anyone have an answer to this?

3rdi

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
good question ?

I'm running Boot Camp for gaming on my 13" Mid 2010 MacBook Pro, and right now I'm running XP because I play some older games and there aren't many new games just yet that don't have XP support. However, I'm wondering if the integrated GeForce 320M supports DirectX 10. If so, it might be worth upgrading to Windows 7 for the boost in graphics performance. Anyone have an answer to this?

I'm just about to buy 15" 2.66 and having trouble choosing the screen

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
What, do you mean glossy vs. matte/anti-glare? No offense, but what does that have to do with my question?

Personally, I would never buy a glossy laptop if I had an alternative. Get the anti-glare display.

ssn637

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
Switzerland

Yes, the GeForce 320M supports DirectX 10

Bradan

macrumors member
May 6, 2010
It doesn't seem to be having any trouble running Crysis on medium graphics settings with DX9...

dx9 is low;med;high
dx10 is very high

my point stands

Oh, and about the OS, I still think XP runs everything slightly better than win7. If you are just using ur windows partition for gaming don't bother dropping the cash.

Almost no games natively suppourt DX10, most of them just add a few lighting effects or whatever. I know Battlefield BC2 is native DX10... can't think of any others.

Skald

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2008
California
DirectX not supported?

I've unsuccessfully tried to install Combat Flight Simulator 3 on my mid-2010 MacBook Pro (13", Nvidia 320M, 256MB, Boot Camp, Windows 7).

The error message is that the video card will not support DirectX 8.

Am I missing a way to install this game successfully?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.