GeForce 9 series for GPU update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wallace86, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Wallace86 macrumors regular

Apparently the 8xxx series is about to be discontinued. Maybe this is the cause of the delayed mbp update? I hope so.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've seen one review of the 9500M but it might be on a preproduction laptop. I doubt Apple is going to update the GPU like last time.

Keep in mind the ATI's 55nm process has given them slightly cooler cards.

3. bubble27 macrumors regular

I just posted this topic like 30secs before yours....what you doing blood?

tut tut

4. Wallace86 thread starter macrumors regular

mine is better that ures

5. bubble27 macrumors regular

you saw mine and decided to top it up into a better words.

Its not a competition loser!

6. Wallace86 thread starter macrumors regular

steve jobs has caused this .........its all steve jobs fault!! save the anger for him!!

7. ggpike macrumors member

yea, I for one am waiting until they give a good (worthwhile) update to the GPU on the MPB before I get a new one. It's not that I'm one of those people that is continuously waiting and is never satisfied because the next best thing is always around the corner. I just want a GPU that is at least on par with some of the pc laptops. I'm just tired of being behind the curve in terms of GPU technology. I realize that the hindrance is the size factor, but if enough R&D would be put to task, I have a feeling it could be done. Maybe I am just wishing on a star here, but it'd be nice.

8. Wallace86 thread starter macrumors regular

R&D has more important things to work on besides mbps, such as the MBA and Apple TV.

9. ggpike macrumors member

Oh man, you're right. I totally forgot. They probably decided that the new MBP could just make do with a black keyboard . . . they need more R&D money for more important things like an ipod that you can browse through using just your brainwaves and eye movement. Maybe an iToilet too . . . man, I need one of those. :rolleyes:

10. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

Its not out of the question. The 8600M was rather new when the last refresh happened. Apple has recieved new tech first in the past.

11. Skyldig macrumors regular

I really don't see them changing the GPU in the current revision. If we are lucky we'll recieve a vram boost on the 15.4" at the most.

GPU changing, if it comes this year, will be included in the July/August/Septemter Montevina-revision... At least thts what i think. :cool:

12. Wallace86 thread starter macrumors regular

I am all about the Itoilet. Its gonna be so purty.

13. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

We will not see a new GPU until at least June. I think if they go to anything above 8600GT will generate too much heat.

14. Freyqq macrumors 68040

it won't be discontinued. Probably be selling it for a while longer at least to clear out stock. But you're right..the 9xxx series is coming soon.

15. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I remember the 7 Series sticking around on laptops long after the launch of 8M for lower end dedicated video on laptops.