Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linnoinen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
I recently bought a new 15" Santa Rosa-chipset MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 120GB harddrive) and decided to install Boot Camp, as a means to try out Vista.

Vista's nice n' all, but I have problem. Seems that the Windows Mac drivers that the Boot Camp Assistant lets you burn aren't much help with these new MacBook Pros. And this in turn means that neither my built-in Airport or my graphics card work. Vista just uses the generic Windows graphics card drivers for the display. (In the Connections panel Windows can't find either the Airport or the ethernet ports)

So I was wondering if anybody else has had the same problems and have you found any solutions?

Thanks.

linnoinen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
Actually no I haven't, that was my next thing on my list of things to do. I'm just sceptical about it working since the Nvidia drivers available on their website aren't really for laptops and I'm pretty sure it's going to F it up. But I'll have to try it out.

EDIT: Tried installing the NVIDIA drivers off of their site - no luck. The installer says it can't locate compatible hardware for the drivers :(

mavere

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com is a better place to get laptop drivers. Nvidia's drivers are unified, meaning that one driver should work on almost every single card since 2000. However, there's a file with a short list of graphics cards the driver is allowed to be installed on. The website above just edits the file for the card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.