Geico Caveman Site

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mr. Anderson, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

I can't wait to see the series on ABC, I heard some of it and it sounds hilarious!

3. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

IMO, the caveman commercials are the worst ad campaign ever.
    Has car insurance really come to this? Geico and others can't offer you anything innovative in the way of car insurance, so geico needs a gecko and some cavemen, and i can't remember the other company, but it was a commercial about some guy remembering Hank Aaron's record breaking homerun.
    Come on, rather than waste money on sub par ad campaigns, hows about they save the money, and pass the savings on to us, the policy holders? :mad:
    Fat chance of that ever happening :rolleyes:

4. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

i think the caveman commercials are pretty classic, ive seen way worse commercials. I always get at least a small laugh when one of thoes commercials come on. There so damn ugly its hard not to laugh.

5. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

whether you love it or hate it, it really doesn't matter - the marketing has worked. XMRadio channel 81 (BPM) has a spin off add - BPM, so easy a caveman can dance to it. Its made it to the mainstream - will it sell more insurance, I have no idea - but it has made more people aware of it.

D

6. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I wasn't arguing that it wasn't memorable marketing. People remember it because it is "out there." But you look at someone like Allstates commercials, they actually offer you new and improved ways of doing car insurance.
    For the record, me and my parents are Geico policy holders :D

7. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

Haha there was just a Geico add on the bottom of this page. The Gecko was on the add how ever, maybe Geico should change their mascot to the cavemen.

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Dude, that commercial compaign is hilarious. If the show is that same tone and feeling I'll be watching that for sure.

I love the commercial where the two cavedudes and out on the balcony and theyre interupted by their buddy/brother with his love life. I crack up everytime I see that.

9. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

As an insurance company, Geico sucks soooooooo bad. I could go on and on. But they are cheap and they need those commercials to sell their crap service.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well cavemen wouldn't know the difference. LMAO! :D

11. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

That's because Allstate has been ranked really low lately among auto insurance providers and they are trying to revive their image.
    I really can't stand the Geico cavemen either. I actually change the channel when I see them come on, their commercials bug me that much.

12. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Wow, what a great site, thanks for that link. Sort of ties all the commercials together now. Though I must say I feel I know just a little too much about that guy now, especially after seeing him in the shower. eek!

13. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Interesting, I didn't know that. So once an insurance company reaches the top, they no longer have to try to add anything innovative to the field, so they just try to make memorable commercials? Pitiful...:(

14. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I thought it was pretty bad. Not horrible, it had some good moments, but for the most part, just a way to make money off two other good movies. I will say, I've never seen the other two, so that may have had something to do with it, but I found myself wishing I had a remote to fast-forward though the chase scenes, which seemed to comprise 85% of the movie. Plot took up about 5% and the other 10% I guess they saved money by showing clips from the old movie.

I did like the end though :)

SPOILER: (in white)
    I really thought Matt Damon's cell phone switch to prevent the CIA from tracking the reporter was brilliant.

15. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

yeah, "so easy a caveman can do it" is the new "got milk" (or the offshoot "got cows") :rolleyes:

it resonates with everyone.

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I think you meant to post in the Bourne Ultimatum thread.