Gelaskin and cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by caralck, Jul 25, 2010.

1. caralck macrumors member

Anyone using the gelaskin successfully with one of the clear cases? I'm thinking of using it with either a griffin reveal or belkin grip vue or shield micra (trying to figure out what the difference is between the 2; tried emailing belkin but that didn't result in any useful information). I like the feel of the TPU cases without the lint machine of silicone. Not too much of a fan of the hard plastic back on the griffin reveal either. Or any other protective yet clear case? I would like the case to have a lip on the front to allow safe front down placement of the phone. I may have to stop tossing my phone into the backpack once my iphone finally gets here. The best part is that I got the email from apple telling me to download the app to get my free case but my phone won't get here for another 2 wks to actually order my case. Kind of wish there was another way to order my free case than using an iphone app considering the wait times people have posted for the freebie. I suppose I should have ordered from AT&T since the lady said she could get it for me in 5 days but since I was going to be busy, I opted to not do it that way. Stupid me!

2. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I've never used Gelaskins but I am using a DecalGirl skin right now with the Belkin Grip Vue (at least, I think that's the one...it's the TPU case). It works with it, but it is a tight fit that may require a little massaging to get into exactly the right position. Also, I don't use the skin on the front of the phone--mine's back & sides only because I want the front to look clean. This way, it's like the skin is part of the case.

3. menehune macrumors newbie

I have my gelaskins on under the Belkin Grip Vue. It fits fine. I only put the back on though. One thing about the Grip Vue to remember is that the case messes with the flash on the back of the phone. I called Belkin on Friday to see if they've redesigned the case and the customer service rep said they were not notified of any redesign and that he could only offer me a refund at the moment. He also said I could call back in a couple of weeks to check if they have announced a redesign. Doesn't matter much to me though because it is just a temporary case until I get my bumper. HTH!

4. caralck thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! Because of the button issues I've read about, this would only be temporary. May even end up covering the skin with a pixelskin HD for drop protection purposes if nothing else comes out soon. I read elsewhere that Belkin updated the info on the micra saying it was a hard case and not flexible. This is the first time I bought something when cases weren't readily available in stores.