GelaSkin and SGP Screen protector installation Help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lululalalee, Jul 31, 2010.

1. lululalalee macrumors member

Hi, I received my gelaskin and have a question of about installing it with a screen protector. I have the SGP Ultra Crystal Clear. Do I put the screen protector on first, gelaskin second or the other way around. Thank you for the help.

2. Dany M macrumors 6502

I would assume you put the screen protector on first, doubt it would work on top of a gelaskin.

3. menehune macrumors newbie

sorry if this is a dumb question, but why are you using both? i don't think you need to put the back screen protector on if you are using a gelaskin. the gelaskin should protect your phone from scratches.

4. Dany M macrumors 6502

Well, he has to cover the screen and apparently from his post he did not get the gelascreens that gelaskins offer for cheap.

5. menehune macrumors newbie

Oh! *smacks head* I didn't put my front gelaskins on so for some stupid reason I thought he wanted to put one of the clear back protectors on and then the gelaskin on over that. I think it's time for me to go to sleep. :eek:

6. Dany M macrumors 6502

So has anybody done this? Any problems or errors?

7. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

I put a DecalGirl skin on a Power Support screen protector on my iPhone 3G. No issues, but the skin really stuck to the PS film after a day or so, so once it's on don't expect to remove the skin without also removing the screen protector.

8. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

I was wondering this as well. I just received my PS Crystals for the front screen. I'm still awaiting my Gelaskins. How do the front Gelaskins work? Are they two pieces? One piece for the top [black part] and bottom [black part] with the screen untouched? If so, has anyone tried trimming their PS down so it just covers the screen?

If not, I'll just put on my PS first then apply the Gelaskin on top of it.

Have you gone ahead and tried it OP? If so, can you please post pics on how it looks? :D

9. Dany M macrumors 6502

Hmm, I'm ok with that.

Thanks for the information

10. clads01 macrumors member

If you buy the GelaScreen, it actually comes with two pieces -- one that covers the entire front of the iPhone, and another smaller piece that covers only the screen portion. The smaller piece can be used if you choose to use the front GelaSkin pieces.