GelaSkin and SGP Screen protector installation Help.

lululalalee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Hi, I received my gelaskin and have a question of about installing it with a screen protector. I have the SGP Ultra Crystal Clear. Do I put the screen protector on first, gelaskin second or the other way around. Thank you for the help.

Dany M

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Earth
I would assume you put the screen protector on first, doubt it would work on top of a gelaskin.

menehune

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
sorry if this is a dumb question, but why are you using both? i don't think you need to put the back screen protector on if you are using a gelaskin. the gelaskin should protect your phone from scratches.

Dany M

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Earth
Well, he has to cover the screen and apparently from his post he did not get the gelascreens that gelaskins offer for cheap.

menehune

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
Well, he has to cover the screen and apparently from his post he did not get the gelascreens that gelaskins offer for cheap.
Oh! *smacks head* I didn't put my front gelaskins on so for some stupid reason I thought he wanted to put one of the clear back protectors on and then the gelaskin on over that. I think it's time for me to go to sleep. :eek:

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
I put a DecalGirl skin on a Power Support screen protector on my iPhone 3G. No issues, but the skin really stuck to the PS film after a day or so, so once it's on don't expect to remove the skin without also removing the screen protector.

GeneticFreak84

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
I was wondering this as well. I just received my PS Crystals for the front screen. I'm still awaiting my Gelaskins. How do the front Gelaskins work? Are they two pieces? One piece for the top [black part] and bottom [black part] with the screen untouched? If so, has anyone tried trimming their PS down so it just covers the screen?

If not, I'll just put on my PS first then apply the Gelaskin on top of it.

Have you gone ahead and tried it OP? If so, can you please post pics on how it looks? :D

Dany M

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Earth
I put a DecalGirl skin on a Power Support screen protector on my iPhone 3G. No issues, but the skin really stuck to the PS film after a day or so, so once it's on don't expect to remove the skin without also removing the screen protector.
Hmm, I'm ok with that.

Thanks for the information

clads01

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
If you buy the GelaScreen, it actually comes with two pieces -- one that covers the entire front of the iPhone, and another smaller piece that covers only the screen portion. The smaller piece can be used if you choose to use the front GelaSkin pieces.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.