gelaskin - iPhone skins with attitude!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jakeacc, Jul 24, 2008.

1. jakeacc macrumors regular

I love the clean look of Apple products so I don't like putting cases or skins on it. However, a few months ago I decided to add some life to the case of my Macbook Pro. I purchased a graphic skin from Gelaskins. I noticed that they also have released skins for the iPhone 3G:
    http://gelaskins.com/catalog.php?Device=8&Category=25&p=1

As their selection grows, I might add a skin to my phone. A good thing about these skins is that they don't scratch or smudge, yet are glossy, which I like.

I've ordered a black 16 GB iPhone which looks great on the Apple site, but I fear is going to look kinda gross covered in smudges and hairline scratches. (pretty much what happens to iPods)

The only thing I don't like about the geleskins for laptops or iPhones is that they cover the Apple logo. For my Macbook Pro, I manually (and carefully) cut out the Apple logo from my gelaskin so I can still have that white Apple glow appear. If I get one for the iPhone, I'm likely to do the same.

Has anyone purchased one yet? Would love to see some real pics as opposed to the stock glamor shots.

2. jwflutterby macrumors regular

Personally I like http://www.uniqueskins.com/ because you can upload your own images but they don't cover the screen on the front.. Can you actually see through those well enough to use the phone?? I do a lot of email and surfing and I would think the front skin would be HARD to see thru..

update:
    nevermind, looked a little closer and they just let you download matching pic for the wallpaper, duh!!

3. jakeacc thread starter macrumors regular

The only thing that needs to go on the front of the iPhone is one of those anti-glare/anti-smudge/anti-scratch screens. I think it cost 15 bucks. Can't remember the brand name. Not only does it do the above, but the surface feels better to the touch as opposed to glass. It now feels almost identical to a Macbook Pro track pad.

I just got the 16 GB black model and don't really notice the smudges unless in a sunny, well lit area. So I might hold off on the gelaskin until scratches/smudges begin to annoy me.

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Has anyone gotten a Gelaskin? A friend and I are thinking of going in on an order of 4 (buy 3, get one free), but I don't want to do it until I get a first-hand report.

So reports (and pics) would be most welcome! :D

5. applehappy macrumors regular

I bought one last year for my first gen iphone. Worked great. Adds almost zero thickness, but makes the phone less slippery on the back. Be careful to pick one you will like, my only complaint was I got a bit tired of mine.