Gelaskin

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by zenoran, Apr 14, 2010.

1. zenoran macrumors regular

2. JtheLemur macrumors 6502

Of course! Saves on fingerprints and adds a little grip.

3. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

Dont expect protection other than scratches. It also provides a little grip. I use it on my iPhone but thankfully I also have a TPU case. I've dropped the iPhone a few times and the TPU case protected it from cracking/dents/scratch. I personally don't think Gelaskin would have prevented cracking or absorbing such impact.

4. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

Its not intended to prevent anything other than minor scratches.

5. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

6. T4R06 macrumors 65816

wow.... this is the worst product i've seen..

7. Bitgod macrumors regular

Bitgod

I don't think skins like these are for real protection per se, just finger prints and scratches. The main reason is that you like the way they look. There were several on Gelaskins that I kind of liked, but just didn't see getting for myself. As it is, I'm getting a back skin from another source for now until more cases come out and I decide what I want to use down the road.

8. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

I use one on the back of my iPhone 3GS and it's great at protecting against scratches. If you like the overall feel/size of your device naked it's a great choice.

I ordered a custom one for my iPad (no extra cost, any photo you want) as I don't want any extra bulk or weight.

I will *not* however be using the front bezel cover (or wallpaper) as anything other than black lowers the perceived contrast of the screen, and frankly is distracting.

9. zenoran thread starter macrumors regular

Ya I don't see any benefit of using the front, was just wondering if anyone else was using it. I had gelaskin on my iphone and I loved it so I got it for the iPad too... Not only is it protecting the back but I think one of the greatest benefits is the extra grip it adds... so much easier to hold the iPad and doesn't feel like it's going to slide out of your hands all the time. And no extra bulk!

10. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I have one on my Kindle2 and its great.

Attached Files:

11. chrisesposito macrumors member

What is it you don't like about them? I've got them on my 3GS and my Kindle DX and have ordered one for my ipad.