Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Ok, did a bit of reading , decided on a hard cover (speck). Over a gel cover, still deciding an a KB cover. I am hoping a KB cover will provide a little protection in case of a spill, drawbacks appear to be contact with the retina screen. Does anyone really have they problem? Will there be some level of protection afforded by a KB skin? Or should I just leave it bare?

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
I was in the market for a skin/case not so long ago, but I settled on a 5$ solution on Home Hardware.
My only issue was when I had the laptop resting on a table top, like at school for example, the black stock feet on the Macbook would barely give the laptop any lift. So if ever I turned it I'd hear that grating sound of particles on aluminium scratching the bottom and that bothered.
So I bought some self adhering clear vinyl pads to stick on the bottom. The largest ones are almost exactly the same size as the stock black ones and give 100x more grip on the desktop. I didn't place them directly on the black pads because I'd rather the black ones stay on if ever I had to remove the vinyl ones. Even on the metal they give enough lift to make me satisfied.

The hard case I was closest to buying was by Moshi.

Last edited:

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.