Gemini II - What song duplicates can I delete, if any?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Broph, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

When I run Gemini II on my music folder, it picks up duplicates in the iTunes library, as well as in my music library (see picture).

Can I delete any of these? Or will the song disappear?

Attached Files:

2. iThinksimple macrumors member

iThinksimple

is the file location is also same ? from what i see on the screenshot, it's a different file but have similar title,
    simply try to play it, if it different, you can leave it, but if it is same you can delete one of it

3. Broph thread starter macrumors 6502

Broph

Sorry, I should have added that they're in different locations. One is in my music folder just as the artist name, and one is in my Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music. I'm not sure with how iTunes imports songs into the library, but this is suggesting to me that it copies the song into the iTunes Media/Music folder, and reads it from there? If it does that, then I can probably delete the songs in my Music folder, and only have my iTunes folder in my music folder, which apparently contains all the songs anyway. I'll have a look more into it. Thanks!

4. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Simple solution -- copy the song to another location (such as your desktop), have Gemini delete the one in your music folder, and see what happens. If it does wrong, then just copy the desktop file back to the music folder. It would appear that you put your music originally into the music folder and then had iTunes import them. There is a preference setting that either keeps the music in place or copies them into iTunes Media, and you probably are doing the latter, which will create duplicates.

Even though I've got Gemini II, I've always deleted duplicates within iTunes by having iTunes find them. See if iTunes reports any of these as duplicates.