Gen 2: More Battery Life or More Features

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Trent0341, Apr 7, 2015.

?

Which would you prefer

1. More features

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. More battery life

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Depends on the specific feature

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. I will settle for nothing less than both better battery and more features in Gen 2

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

Another post got me thinking... Would you prefer more battery life with the current features or more features with the same battery life in the next generation. Obviously this doesn't really refer to watch OS/software features.

Personally I would prefer more (hardware) features such as GPS, blood pressure sensor, and/or various other options.

What say you?

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Depends how the battery life is on the first gen.

3. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

If we can choose only one then definitely more features (sensors). I can live with 16 hrs. normal usage.

4. Trent0341 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was making the assumption that it will be approximately 18 hours as stated by apple.

5. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

going to be slimmer with the same or slightly better battery life. Not sure on new features...yet ( watch 3 will probably have new features).

6. Trent0341 thread starter macrumors 6502

If I would have thought of it I would have included slimmer under the "new features" category. Definitely would like it in the 7mm range or so.

7. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

They'd have to pull off a miracle to improve battery life in a way that would be meaningful for most people (42 hours) without making the thing larger, so I'm voting for that, because it means a huge advance in battery technology :)

8. Multiverse223 macrumors regular

As DreamPod says, meaningful change in battery life would be at least double the current battery life, because unless it is fully doubled, almost everyone will still charge it nightly. Apple isn't going to drastically improve battery life. You can all get over it, and expect roughly 18-20hrs of battery life until a new battery tech is discovered. Even if it lasted 2 full days, most people would still end up charging it nightly, because without the nightly routine, you'd end up with a dead device having not charged it at times.