Gen A Macbook CD vs Current Macbook C2D

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mwdmeyer, May 27, 2008.

1. mwdmeyer macrumors member

Hey all, I currently have the following macbook:

1.83GHz Core Duo
    2gb Ram
    160gb HDD
    GMA 950 video

Has anyone upgraded to a current macbook from the first gen macbook. Was there anything in particular that was useful in the upgrade?

2. mavherzog macrumors 6502

I just sold the exact same MacBook. (same model, same amount of ram, and same hard drive)

Reasons for sale and ultimate replacement? Need for 4GB of ram (do a lot of virtualization) and SuperDrive (primarily for burning occasional DVD ISO's)

The 1st ten MacBooks get a lot of flak (some warranted)...but I have to say that the one I recently sold is exactly the same as the day I bought it (the day after their initial release) GREAT machine!

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I just went from first gen MBP to current blackbook. I used the Migration Assistant to restore my user accounts/files/applications right from a backup. Was up and running in less than a couple hours with same setup as before.

4. SamoanDude macrumors regular

My first Macbook was the same you listed. I now own the Core 2 Duo 2.0. All I do is surf, watch videos and email. I can't even tell a differrence.

5. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I have a 2.0GHz Core Duo MacBook and a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo iMac.

In general, once the application is fully loaded, they perform close to each other for general applications (Office, Internet, etc.).

That being said, I'm still getting a new MBP to replace her. :)