General Availability?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iPadlover123, Mar 13, 2011.

1. iPadlover123 macrumors member

After having to return my iPad2 because of the light leak(no replacements were available), it seems that All the stores (All 5 of them) are sold out and wont have more until Mid-week. I was really hopping to grab one before a trip I have coming up in a few weeks. When do you think the iPad2 will be at a availability point where i'll just be able to walk into a store and purchase one without having to stalk apple over the phone, and drive there like a mad one to get one?

This is the Cupertino, Ca area if that matters at all.:apple:

2. tsekh macrumors member

Not until after it has launched in every country. In addition to restocking the US market, Apple also has to allocate newly manufactured units to other markets ready to launch later this month. I don't know the ratio, but my bet is that the majority is allocated towards overseas markets. Plus, the listed 26 countries launching later this month do not include China, yet another giant market by its own.

Walk in and buy one? Maybe if you get there within half an hour after a new batch of stock arrived to the store. Walk in and buy one at anytime like a iPod? Perhaps 2 or 3 months away.