Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vp719

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
This is more of a general computer question than a mac, but hopefully you all can help me out anyways...I just got a western digital MyBook 160 GB External Hard drive, supposedly it's compatible with both windows and mac. RIght now i have a dell but am planning on getting a macbook as soon as they're updated....anyways, i got the mybook about a week ago, started putting music on it and it was good, now today i go into iTunes to listen to some music, like i have been doign with no problem, and it won't play any of hte music form the harddrive. I deleted all the music from my library and reloaded it but it still won't work, whats hte deal? is the hard drive crap, or is my dell just messing up? or is it iTunes?
Thanks

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
This is more of a general computer question than a mac, but hopefully you all can help me out anyways...I just got a western digital MyBook 160 GB External Hard drive, supposedly it's compatible with both windows and mac. RIght now i have a dell but am planning on getting a macbook as soon as they're updated....anyways, i got the mybook about a week ago, started putting music on it and it was good, now today i go into iTunes to listen to some music, like i have been doign with no problem, and it won't play any of hte music form the harddrive. I deleted all the music from my library and reloaded it but it still won't work, whats hte deal? is the hard drive crap, or is my dell just messing up? or is it iTunes?
Thanks

Did you authorize your purchases? I'm not sure if this would be the problem though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.