General Jailbreak Question,

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ericatomars, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Ericatomars macrumors regular

Okay so I see that there are all these different names to jailbreak? Is one better then the other. I mean i know different firmwares and updates but I'm seeing ones for the same firmware... So what do you recommend for someone who will be jail breaking her new iphone 3G S? Looking for something simple and Im buying the phone at full retail price because AT&T is the devil!

2. ldobson macrumors regular

If your looking for simple, use purplera1n, its entirely automated, which means you only need to point and click a couple of times, and Bingo! your phone is jailbroke! Thus far I havent had any issues with it, seems stable (Make sure you get RC2 version)

3. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

I was going to do mine yesterday but decided against it in the end.

Purplerain seemed to be the preferred way from what I had read. It seemed a lot simpler than the redsnow way.

4. The General macrumors 601

The two options to jailbreak your 3G S are purplera1n and redsn0w. They are both extremely simple and fast. You should use redsn0w. purplera1n isn't from the dev team, redsn0w is.

5. ldobson macrumors regular

Honestly, I`ve seen many more reports of issues related to RedSnow,then purplera1n, The Jailbreak should be the same using both methods, but its the bugs that are introduced during the JB that I worry about. There have been many reports of WiFi Issues with RS.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

LOL, I never understood that angle if you will still be on AT&T. They're the only ones who will give you 3G service and if you're going to be paying them each month you might as well get the phone for less.

7. Ericatomars thread starter macrumors regular

All the networks have a 3G network. Well soon sprint is coming out with the 4G followed by Verizon. Im most sure the next Iphone will be 4G... I personally dont like AT&T. I think it's poor service for the money your spending a money and if it wasn't for AT&T getting this contract, the company would had been a has been 3 years ago...

8. The General macrumors 601

iPhone 3G/S are EDGE-only on T-Mobile. As far as I know, the iPhone 3G/S only have 3G on AT&T in the USA.

9. army91c macrumors 6502a

So what? If it jailbreaks without issue (I used PR and have had no issues) then why not use the one that is one click and done?

10. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

It's whichever one works at this point. Everyone's results may vary, but far as I know, the creator of PR was from the DevTeam.

11. theman510 macrumors 6502a

I used redsn0w and had no problems. I was pretty much a noob and it was very simple. maybe 5 steps? i recommend it as i've had no problems at all since doing it to my 16 gig 3GS