Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Nov 28, 2010
located
Wait, so you're saying once I reach 10,000 posts the President of the United States and the Queen of England don't come to my house to congratulate me with a seven course dinner and an assortment of luxurious gifts? ... Then what the hell am I doing here?! :rolleyes:

They do send chocolate though.

Anyway, I came here for answers to a "problem", and have since then tried to help others, sometimes with a smug attitude though, as many questions are asked that often, it is unbelievable.

----------

FWIW, speaking for myself, I never intended to become a mod.

B

But that bigger avatar size must have been enticing enough to have agreed to become one?

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
For me, it is all about helping people out, and having a chance to have some good discussion on topics of common interest.

Seems odd to say you see why people would come to ask questions, and then not understand why people would also want to help out others. Unless you have an ongoing dialog with multiple posts, it hardly takes any effort to help out, and my experience has been that people are genuinely grateful when you help them out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.