General question about a situation?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vjicecool, Jun 29, 2012.

1. vjicecool macrumors 6502

How is this possible to do

I have a macbook pro which i use, i do send email, browse and play games.
    From last two days i am noticing i am getting emails from myself(Hotmail account) and cc'ing to other receipents of hotmail account. this is happening from my hotmail account. I am not sending them but they are comming in. how is it possible.

2. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

If you want to get people to answer your questions, you might try a more specific topic in the future. Your topic sounds like a joke. On the off chance that it's not...Sounds like someone quite possibly hacked your Hotmail account. Not really all that unusual. It's not a problem with your MBP.

3. dazmanuk macrumors newbie

This.

Change your hotmail password, and do a virus/malware scan on any machine which had your hotmail credentials on it.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Having an email account hacked has nothing to do with malware. It can happen even if the email account owner doesn't own a computer. Changing the password is all that is required.

5. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I had something like this the other day, although I suddenly received about 15 notification of sending failure messages for emails I didn't send, and the next day my hotmail account was inaccessible due to apparently spamming. I realised it had been used, presumably as part of some huge automated bot network, to send countless amounts of spam every day. No idea how my password was obtained - I doubt it was malware, probably some forum that wasn't as secure as I thought it was.

Anyway, change your password, and keep it separate to other websites.