General question about Applecare for you past customers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sobe, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I've never purchased Applecare, but with the iPhone I am considering it. In your experiences, is the service provided a good one?

2. pianos101 macrumors regular

Absolutely. Granted, most of the problems I had with my MBP were in the first 12 months anyway, during the 13th month (a few weeks ago) Apple replaced my notebook because of hardware issues. Yes, maybe a cell phone is different, but for the $69 for the extra year of coverage I would definitely say yes...

3. marklon macrumors newbie

Yes absolutely, for iPhones and Laptops this is a must. You can always purchase before your one year standard warranty is expired..

4. RedInAustin macrumors newbie

AppleCare is spectacular. My niece took her gen1 MacBook in with harddrive issues. Since she'd already had the harddrive replaced once, the genius offered her a choice: another new drive or a new (current rev) macbook. You can't beat that kind of service with a stick! There are so many companies that could learn so much from Apple.:apple:

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

AppleCare and Support makes other companies look ridiculous, imo.

Great care

6. neven macrumors 6502a

Absolutely. If you ever need to have repairs done on a notebook or iPhone out of warranty, you'll find that the simplest repair will be more than the cost of AppleCare. No clumsy receipts or cards to deal with, just walk into any Apple store with the product in hand.

My only complaint is that when they need to order parts for older devices, it can take a while (up to two weeks), but that's a complaint about the universe, not about Apple.