General questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by CBX, Nov 4, 2008.

1. CBX macrumors regular

1) Is the 2GB cap a hardware constraint ie like they had a chip designed especially for the air, or do they not think people buying the air need/would like possibility of 4gb?

2) As there have been under the skin changes in Rev B what are the chances of the glasspad being introduced in January? On one hand it seems to close to the Rev B update, on the other hand it would seem strange to leave it with the button...

2. shen macrumors 6502

as i understand it, the RAM is wired in, not a slot, so there is simply no memory upgrade. forget about it.

not sure about the glasspad. i rather like the idea behind the single giant button as a pad approach, and if the MBA had it i would buy it right now. instead i am fence sitting for a bot between the laptops they have. and getting tired of stealing my wifes iBook and having it run slow due to all the apps she keeps open. ;)

3. CBX thread starter macrumors regular

I understand about the memory not being "drop in" and not being able to upgrade it yourself, I just wondered if the solution they use was limited ie - could they have offered 4GB as BTO as per the MacBook or is it not feasible with current solution.