General thoughts on rMPB 15" 2015

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sebseb, May 26, 2015.

1. sebseb macrumors 6502

sebseb

So after reviewing all the threads and comments, I think we can get an idea of how powerful the machine is. I wanted to know how you think the machine performs on a daily basis doing web browsing and using productivity apps.

Model: Only Iris Pro or w/ dGPU
    How Long battery lasts
    Does the system get hotter than the previous year (2014), does the fans kick in more often?
    How long does it take to boot into the OS?

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

It blows them out of the water - but so does a 2010 cMBP

3. sebseb thread starter macrumors 6502

sebseb

I know that, but I want to know if it heats up more since people said the AMD's are less power efficient. But yes if a quad core i7 can't run pages, I'll give up on life.

4. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Whether you pick integrated only or dGPU depends on your needs and how you're using the machine. There is no universal answer to which one is better because everyone's needs are different.

The battery is rated to have a longer life than the 2014 model, due to some new technologies (i.e. the layered battery design from the 12" MBP).

Heat won't be a major issue because the thermal management systems inside the machine are unchanged.

Given that the SSD is faster than the SSD in the 2014 model, it will boot to the desktop in less time (not that it takes long in the 2014 models).