Generated password

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by liquidsuns, Aug 10, 2013.

1. liquidsuns macrumors 6502

So, I'm kinda having a problem with iCloud Keychain. I decided to change my Netflix password and use an auto-generated password through Keychain. That all went fine but neither Safari nor iCloud remembered the new super long and complicated password. When I go to Safari-Preferences-Passwords, it still just lists my old password and it's the same on my iPhone. So, seeing as I didn't remember the super long auto-generated password....I don't have any clue what my new Netflix password is. Any ideas how I can find this out??

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you cannot get it from the iCloud keychain you're pretty much stuck imo.

Why not just go through the password reset process for your netflix password and use the old fashioned method setting your password.

3. activate macrumors regular

..and why isn't it automatically being entered by Safari....anyway thats a question for another time. Because it isn't listed doesn't mean its not there. I have experienced the same thing.
    Have you enabled any other devices with iCloud keychain ?

4. liquidsuns thread starter macrumors 6502

Safari does not autofill it in. It fills in my old password.
    I did do a password reset. Then I cleared out the old info Keychain had. Redid the password using Auto-generate again and Keychain still didn't remember or use the password it generated for me. So I reset the password again and used my own password and Keychain remembered that and autofilled it out....
    And yes, my iPhone has Keychain enabled and it also does not remember nor autofill in auto-generated passwords but does remember ones that I made up.

5. activate macrumors regular

It must still be too early to expect these to work as expected. The testing that I have been doing has shown new passwords syncing across OS and IOS almost consistently. Older passwords have not come through.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd avoid the system generated password if I were you - it doesn't seem to be working.

I'd also file a bug report with apple.