Resolved Generic folder's icon changing from folder to .plist in specific sizes after I disabled/enabled SIP?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Jess13, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Jess13, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Related: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/el-cap-beta-testers-custom-folder-icons.1910933/

The process detailed in that thread, to use LiteIcon to set the untitled folder's default works great except for this problem: Sizes 36 to 48 the folder icon changes to a .plist icon and I usually have my Desktop icons set to 44 in that size range, so default folders show as .plists. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

2. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

odd one; not happening here (just tested it). something to do with that specific icon choice? perhaps try another icon, see if the problem continues...

3. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

OK, so I just tried again but before doing so I was prompted to install the newer October 3, 2015 version of LiteIcon. This time I tried changing the icons without including the earlier instructed 'spoofing' process of switching 10.11 & 10.10 SystemVersion plists. That few-less-steps process works and the problem is fixed.