Generic iPad 3 cases?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iHeartsteve, Apr 16, 2012.

1. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I bought a really nice form fitting ipad2 case from eBay. I emailed the same seller asking for same one that fits ipad3 case. They emailed me and said they will be getting them soon. Then emailed the very next day saying they just received a sample of the new iPad cases? And they would ship it to me.

Is this scam? Are they just going to mail me iPad2 case? I asked them to send me photo. Problem is I want the exact same style but just do it fits new iPad so I'm wondering if I'll even be able to tell difference in photo.

It's only $35 should I just get it? Is it possible for 3rd party cases to be manufactured already?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

What type of case is it? The only cases that specifically need to be "new iPad/3rd Gen" are hard form fitting ones - though even some of those designed for the iPad 2 fit the 3 as well. Also iPad 2 cases w/ the auto-off (magnets) may not work with the 3 because Apple changed the polarization sides.

All other iPad 2 cases should fit the 3. There are plenty of "iPad 3" specific cases in stock at retail stores like Target now so quite reasonable to think generic resellers have them too. It all comes down to whether you trust the reseller. If not find another source b/c it's a PITA to get your $ back from an eBay reseller.

3. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

It's a form fitting plastic hard case. I already tried it on my iPad 3 and it didn't fit. I had it from my iPad 2 and was hoping it would fit.

Seller did say I could return it if it didn't work :rolleyes: it just awfully convenient that the very next day they all of a sudden had an iPad 3 case available.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I just picked up this cheappieceofcrap case for my iPad 3.
    [​IMG]
    Comes with a generic stylus as well. Only $18 from buy.com. Already have an Incase Magazine Jacket but if this cheap case works out then I might just switch to this one instead.

5. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Thanks for sharing. Yes I may buy cheap one until my favorite one comes available for iPad 3. In the meantime, the eBay seller said they would sell me their first sample of the new iPad 3 case that just came in.