Generic Passbook cards from passsource.com and ipass.pk don't work

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by j-a-x, Oct 7, 2012.

1. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I've been trying to add some generic passbook cards from passsource.com or ipass.pk to store frequent flier numbers and stuff like that. I thought that would be a good use for passbook since nobody seems to support it for storing frequent flier numbers yet (only boarding passes and only some airlines).

Anyways, when I create a card on any of these sites, and the card appears in Safari and I click "add to passbook" it doesn't do anything (the card never appears in passbook).

If I email the card to myself, and open it on my iPhone, a preview of the card shows up but when I click add, it just goes away and never appears in passbook.

Has anybody noticed this problem? Is anybody else having trouble adding 3rd party cards?

By the way I successfully added a Walgreens card via the Walgreens app without any trouble, and I added a United boarding pass via the United website no problem. It's just the 3rd party cards from websites which aren't working for me.

2. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Am I imagining things or was there a series of replies on here talking about the website passtools.com at one point which was recently deleted? Anyways pastools.com seems to generate passbook files which actually work, which is great for adding all of my airline frequent flier numbers as passbook cards. However that site is just a 30 day trial and then $99 per month (!!). Does anybody know if my cards will be deleted after those 30 days or will I jus tnot be able to add any new ones?