Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Does anyone use the generic RGB profile? I have a samsung display and I was finding the colours not very vibrant and robust but when I put it on the generic RGB profile the colours just popped and they became vibrant.

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
You can alter the gamma as well, to your liking. Just mess with it until you find a setting that you like.

lol I've tried this and I've tired using the expert mode where you have to move the slide, but I don't get what they mean when they say move the slider until the shape is neutral compared to the background because after you've moved the left slider it's already pretty much neutral.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Would you do that by just increasing the gamma? cause I did that and it didn't work.

You can alter the gamma as well, to your liking. Just mess with it until you find a setting that you like.

That is a really bad idea, partly because it's not altered at the hardware level. You can use a colorimeter. It's still not a hardware or low level adjustment. The expert mode is just to attempt to make some rudimentary corrections and shouldn't be used on anything but 2.2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.