Genius Appoint. on Tues for iPhone..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mirai 11, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Mirai 11 macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

Just wonderin if you think its worth taking it.
    The warranty runs out next saturday, and recently its been playing up. For example:

• Battery
    • Home Button
    • Wi-Fi

The battery likes to run out after 3 hours, and this is with wi-fi and push turned off. I remember once i used the gps to get to nottingham and still had 6 hours more use. I tried this on friday and it ran out completely in 2 hours.

The home button has to be pushed down completely to exit anything, and it has a 50/50 chance of activating ipod, which ive now turned off as it was really annoying me

I can be a metre to my router and the Wi-Fi would not connect. It never did this before, only in the past few weeks. I try to connect to the cloud and it is so slow and fails miserably it is unbelivable.

So hopefully in this appointment they may see this, and mite just get it replaced..

Just wonderin if there's been anything like this to others, and if they went to the apple store for an appointment?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Just remember you have to show actual problems and if your battery is that bad, they may keep it to show it.

3. Mirai 11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

thanks for the reply
    yeah the battery is no problem, it also gets very hot too.
    the homescreen you do have to push down a lot more than usual to exit anything, so thats easy really.
    Maybe the Wi-Fi could be a problem, ive only found that out very recently

4. Mirai 11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

just an update to this, went to the store a few hours ago, and the genius saw the the home button was worn out and the battery was apst its prime, and exchanged the 3G for, a 3G lol
    a little gutted but hey, its a new phone really and it'll last me for another year anyway!