Genius appointment or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Badrottie, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

This morning I was at Dunkin Donut and my 15" 2012 rMBP was working just fine I was doing browsing and check out with new Photo app (I didn't like it) then I turn rMBP off and close the lid. few hours later I am at Starbucks my rMBP does not turn on I have been struggled to turn on button with no luck. I gave up and ordered some bagels then come back and set up Genius appointment for tomorrow then trying to figure out what went wrong. I try turn on again...Finally it come back working. I wonder if I should cancel Genius appointment or not?

Thank you very much :apple:

2. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

I would contact apple support online chat and have them send you the diagnostic test that you run on the macbook, that should tell them wether you should take it in or not.

3. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

Does AppleCare+ have a free phone call to tech support? I thought it only give 90 days for tech support on the phone? That is why I didn't want to be charged for tech support. :apple:

4. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

AppleCare+ is for iPhones and iPads.

The AppleCare Protection Plan would be something you purchase within the first year of owning the Mac to extend its service and support to 3 years. Without it, you get 1 year parts and labor and 90 days of phone support.

So that means if you bought the AppleCare Plan, your phone support is extended to 3 years.

5. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

Thank you Captain. I have an AppleCare Protection Plan for my MacBook Pro. I am going to call tech support before my today appointment. :apple:

----------

By the way it is happening again today after leaving it off since 2pm yesterday until now (12:30pm). I am afraid my MacBook is dying. :( :apple:

6. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

It mite be as simple as doing a reset of the SMC / PRAM, or reloading the OS, this has worked for my 2008 MBP, it's old and a little slow but it's chugging along. You can also chat with apple care on line, obviously mine does not have coverage but they will help in the online chat and I've even called to ask a question or two, and they've been more then willing to assist