Genius Appointment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlondeBuddhist, Jun 28, 2010.

1. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

SO..

I noticed on the ride home from the Apple store that I had a thin yellow line on the bottom of the screen when I was playing with the new device (No I wasn't driving) I thought it went away after a lot of use but this morning it seemed brighter than ever.

It only seems to show itself on the settings app and in in email.

It's not a big deal but it is brand new so I am hoping to get it swapped for a new. I asked the employee who I spoke with and she assured me they had a replacement in stock if it warranted such.

I notice that the line isn't visible all the time. Will they believe me if it goes phantom when I am there?

I also notice the phone isn't staying on wifi when it is asleep. Would this issue alone warrant a replacement. Thanks.

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

The yellow screen issue is a known problem with the iPhone 4. It looks better/worse on some phones (phones that exhibit the problem - most wont have it at all) and in some cases it vanishes after a few days of using the phone.

The Wi-Fi in sleep seems a bit unreliable for some people, although looking at the cellular data usage of the Phone in the settings menu suggests it's just the Wi-Fi icon that's a bit wrong.

3. Drakdaddy macrumors member

I just got back. They didnt seem to care if they could see the line or not. I just told them that I had it but you can only see it when the phone heats up. They said that wasnt a big deal and they will replace it for me when new phones come in. I suggest you make an appointment. I too was worried that since the line wasnt that noticeable that they wouldnt exchange it, but i came out happy :)

Also, check for a sticky/low + button. They pretty much will replace it for any small reason that i presented them with.

4. BlondeBuddhist thread starter macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

This is great news. Thanks. I made the appointment for 11:30 tomorrow. I can still notice it and I showed it to my uncle and even he (thick glasses and all) could see it.

I kind of figured that since it was in the first 14 days that it wouldn't be an issue. I see you had to wait until the "new phones came in" Hopefully the lady was accurate that spoke to me when she said it wasn't a problem to exchange it on the spot. I live over an hour away and driving up there eats the $ up.

Blonde Buddhist

PS: will I lose info on apps like "momento" like I did when upgrading from GS to i4? I know I need to back it up, which I do daily, but Im curious if this will happen.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I had the issue, which was 100% heat related. The yellow would virtually fade away when cool so I had it play a movie on my way to the store so it would warm up. The Genius looked at the phone for 30 sec. and got me a new one. Whole process took 5 min.

6. bmwtech113 macrumors member

I had the same problem with the yellow spots on the bottom of the screen after heating up. I went in for my genius bar appointment today, swapped my phone for a new one and walked out in about 5 minutes. Everything seemed great at the time but after syncing my iphone 4 with my computer and playing with different apps, I now have another area with yellow spots. Should I take it back and get another one or wait to see if the "glue" dries?