Genius Appt set up for Ipad 2 light bleed

Discussion in 'iPad' started by camaroIOM, Mar 13, 2011.

1. camaroIOM, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011

camaroIOM macrumors 6502

Called about exchanging Ipad 2 for light bleed and verify stock on hand. Manager stated receiving shipments of replacement Ipad 2 for Genius appts. I will be returning two tom with light bleed issues. Both Ipads have light bleed even when viewing normal apps. This time around will will verify prior to leaving Ipads have minimal bleed. I expect slight bleed on every model, but not a quarter of the way up screen.

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

I really hope mine doesn't have this issue

3. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

lets hope the new ones dont have a worse problem.

4. conshok26 macrumors 6502

conshok26

I've got an appointment next Saturday. I'm giving it a week to see if it will clear up like some people say it will. The other issue I have is a small bright spot in the upper right corner. It's not major but it's one of those things that once you know it's there you can't stop looking at it.

5. rkahl macrumors 65816

aren't they all designed the same? If your current iPad has light bleed what makes you think the new one won't? Isn't it the design?

6. baummer macrumors 6502a

User reports suggest that there are varying degrees of light bleeding. Some report none to minimal light bleed, others report much more noticeable light bleed.

I suspect this is an engineering problem that Apple will correct with the second or third production batches of iPad 2's.

7. camaroIOM thread starter macrumors 6502

The white version has a bleed in the upper right and lower left corner which can been seen on apps that are not "ipad" apps. My black model has large bleed in left upper corner about 1 1/2 inch in length. Very bright extending up quarter of the screen. Gives off a "yellow glow". Screen is not yellow, but bleed is that noticeable. As stated, plan on testing prior to leaving store. I expect a small amount, but should not extend far beyond the edges. My first gen did same thing and took 2 times returning for correct unit

8. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Sadly, we know of many engineering issues that were never fixed.

First generation iPhones after a few weeks started having the negative black issue. That continued on some phones through the entire generation.

Then we have the issue of most iMacs 21 & 27 inchers having yellow screens.

9. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

No. I'm sure Apple did not design the iPad 2 with light bleeds. At least its snot on their features list. Early production in volume is likely to have some issues like this that *should* be corrected pretty quickly.

10. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

Guys, it won't be "corrected quickly." It was a major problem with original iPads, it will remain a problem with the iPad 2.