Genius appt tomorrow - IPP - I have ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FrancoRumors, Dec 12, 2015.

1. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

This a sort of a cont of my AT&T activation troubles... Both AT&T and Apple phone support believe my IPP are defective.

I've never had a defective unit before...

My genius appointment is tomorrow - will they have replacement units (I know - impossible to know for sure) - also - since my original purchase was from AT&T, will that make any difference?

If they don't have a replacement unit will I be able to use the IPP until they have a replacement unit!? I don't really need AT&T service at the moment... Just don't want a busted pad from day one... Just looking for some input from people who have walked this path before.

Thanks guys and girls...

Oh - should I bring the box, charger, receipt etc? Should I insist on anything?.. Like activating it before I leave the store? Can they do that?

Peace and love

2. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

You don't need any of that. Just bring the iPad pro in and that's it. All your info in attached to the serial number of the iPad. The store should have the models in stock for replacement,Apple is really good on having spares on hand for problems like this.

3. FrancoRumors thread starter macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

4. FrancoRumors thread starter macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

defective unit - they ordered me a new one - estimated arrival 2-5 days...

Interesting fact - a replacement 128 gig cellular IPP is $599.00. I don't have to pay anything but is was on the repair/exchange request that was filled out once they determined I needed a replacement unit.