Genius Bar Appointment?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RobotCaptain, Sep 23, 2007.

1. RobotCaptain macrumors newbie

RobotCaptain

So, I have a Week 37 iPod Touch w/negative black and dead pixels. Do I just go to the Apple Store where I bought it and ask for an exchange, or do I have to make an appointment w/the Genius Bar?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Probably make an appointment with the Genius. That's what I did, and I got an exchange no questions asked.

3. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

I can count at least 10 of what looks to be like dead pixels on my touch screen. However, they don't look the same as on my monitor. The dead pixel on my monitor is black. On my touch they look to be like little white dots. I purchased at BB. Is this something I should return to them, or should I take it to the Apple store and talk with them about it?

4. xerikx macrumors regular

Bring it back to BB, they'll swap it out there for you with their stock no questions asked.

5. RobotCaptain thread starter macrumors newbie

RobotCaptain

Well, the Genius Bar employee didn't see the negative black issue, but I think he saw the dead pixels because he agreed to exchange the unit.

BUT, they didn't have any in stock, so he gave me my iPod Touch back and gave me a computer printout-invoice-type-thing and told me they would call me when the next shipment arrives, and to bring my iPod Touch and the printout-thing to the store and they'd swap it.

Has anybody else had this happen? Are they gonna give me a refurb? Hit me with a restocking fee?

I should have asked him more questions when I was there.