Genius Bar appointments, what to expect?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by walds11, Jun 5, 2010.

1. walds11 macrumors 6502a

For all those people that made appointments at the genius bar and had their iPhones swapped out, how long did the whole process take? I have an appointment set for tomorrow at 10:20am. Just curious how the process works. I have a hairline crack near the charging part and my battery is starting to crap out.

2. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

I was done within 20 minutes

3. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

seems like a waste of money when you could do it your self via guides on the apple website.

4. outphase macrumors 65816

A waste of money to get a phone replaced for free under warranty?

5. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

My swap out took a little longer than 20 minutes, because of the person in front of me. That guy asked question after question and the time went over my scheduled appointment time, afterwards it went really quickly, maybe 10 minutes.

6. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, I have just under two weeks left until my one year warranty is up. Hopefully they swap it out, so I can give it to my wife when I get the next generation iPhone. She will have a fresh device.

7. neil1980 macrumors 6502

Ive had perhaps 5 visits+

Each time its been late starting due to people in front but the actual process once you see someone is 5-10 mins tops.

Each time Ive just showed them the fault and they've got me a new one and swapped over