Genius Bar Appt with iOS7?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sou1 so1di3r, Sep 11, 2013.

1. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

So my sleep wake button only works if you press firmly on the very left edge of it... has been like this for months now.

I had the beta, and I was told you can't go to the genius bar with that. Now that the GM is out is it safe to make an appointment or should I wait for Wednesday afternoon and do that?

Eager to finally get this fixed.

2. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I am having this exact issue with the Sleep/Wake button on my iPhone 4S now. It just started happening yesterday. The good news is that I bought Applecare+ for it and it doesn't expire until November 11, 2013. However, I have the iOS 7 GM installed and wondered if I should go back to 6.1.3 before bringing it to the store? Since it is obviously a hardware issue (broken button) I wouldn't think having iOS 7 on it would be an issue, but I wanted to be sure before the 30 minute drive to my local Apple Store.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd bring it in with 6.1.3
    Even though the gm is out for devs it's still not officially out.

4. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Ok. I went ahead and put it in DFU Mode (I don't jailbreak) and it installed 6.1.3 and restored from my backup. That was the first time I had to use DFU mode and it is quite handy! :)

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good.
    Better safe than sorry so they don't turn you away and waste your time.

6. sou1 so1di3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

I'll just wait until Wednesday then... I've been on iOS7 since beta 1 and don't feel like changing back just for a few days lol