Genius Bar Experience

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sputn1k, Aug 13, 2011.

1. sputn1k macrumors newbie

I just got back from the Apple store in Reading, UK. I booked an appointment because my brand new air had a single dead pixel smack in the middle of the screen. At first I thought i'd just live with it, but since it's new, i gave the bar a chance.

Got there, got served earlier than expected and was sent to a Genius named Cole.

Cole, for his part, lived up to the job title fully. Knew all about the machine and, despite it being ordered online, stated he would exchange it right then and there (normally, they go back to the point of sale).

40 minutes later I walk out with a brand new air (he even found me one with the samsung drive in it!).

So, any of you living in the southern UK, I highly, HIGHLY recommend the reading store in the oracle.

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

It's awesome to hear they did that for you, normally they don't exchange the computer for just ONE dead pixel. I've had a dead pixel on my MBP for about a year now. It drove me insane at first and since I don't have an Apple Store close to me I took it to a Best Buy with an Apple center and they told me to live with it.

Cheers

3. vazelos macrumors member

He opened it for you and checked if it had the samsung hd?

4. RobQuads macrumors regular

One of the good things about ordering online in the UK - you get 7 days to return it. If there is 1 dead pixel then you can return it for that reason and even though its normally against policy they have to take it.

5. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

You get 14 days to return in the UK with no questions asked.

6. KlytusLord macrumors regular

You can check via the "About this mac" screen. You can check the drive, and samsung model numbers start with SM (I think).

7. RobQuads macrumors regular

Yup with Apple, to clarify I was talking about buying any product not just Apple stuff

8. macgrl, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011

macgrl macrumors 65816

What's apples uk return policy if you buy from a store and want to return for any reason 14 days with no questions asked also? I know the distance selling rules are good online.

Does a bto ordered online count as a custom configured product and so not covered by distance selling regs in the uk unless faulty?

Would an ultimate 13 inche MBA bought in a store count as a customer configured product?