Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nukemkb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Columbia, SC
I just don't feel comfortable replacing my memory in my Mac Mini myself...and I "assume" genius bars have the same price for doing it (??). So what's the cost for putting 1 Gig of Ram in my PPC 1.5??
It's a bit of a drive for me to get to one - and I'd like to be prepared for the shock!:eek: TIA

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
That's my plan...walkin' in with my checkbook (maybe!). I've never seen anyone say what they charge?

I'm not quite sure what they'd charge, but they will want to keep it for a few days.

I would call your Apple Store and find out what they would charge.

Will

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
I believe they will only do it if you purchase the RAM from them, I don't think they'll instal 3rd party RAM for you.

I checked on this for a friend a few months ago, and yes, they won't install any 3rd party RAM at all.

If you buy RAM from Apple in the store, they will install it at no additional cost, but they charge around $150-200 for 1GB for a PPC Mac mini (as of last fall's prices anyway) which is quite expensive.

Nukemkb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Columbia, SC
I checked on this for a friend a few months ago, and yes, they won't install any 3rd party RAM at all.

If you buy RAM from Apple in the store, they will install it at no additional cost, but they charge around $150-200 for 1GB for a PPC Mac mini (as of last fall's prices anyway) which is quite expensive.

Good God!! I was hoping $125-135... maybe I need to get a spatula too.? (do it yourself tool...?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.