Genius Bar Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tybo, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Tybo macrumors newbie

I took my iphone in because it wouldn't cut on they said it something bout the power battery and he would replace it for free it still inder my warrenty but I needed a att sim card so he could activate which I don't have is there a way to get around that or just borrows some ones

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It shouldnt matter.
    Tell them you'll activate it at home or borrow someones simcard for an hour.

3. Tybo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks applejucie, going to try it and say I will activate it at home hopefully he just give me one

4. FoxMcWeezer macrumors regular

I think it's $36.00 to activate a phone. Or just hacktivate with blackra1n RC3

5. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

good idea :)

6. Tybo thread starter macrumors newbie

He just told bring a sim and it I could get a replacement and he would activate it in store I didn't say anything about $36 well its not that much any way

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats a one time fee when you buy a new iphone.
    They dont charge you $36 each time you restore or update your iphone and activate it thru itunes.
    Also he doesnt care about hactivating or officially activating it. He wants to walk out of the Apple store with his faulty iphone replaced and the genious is giving him hard time about having it activated right then and there with an AT&T simcard.