Genius Bar Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by conshok26, Sep 28, 2015.

1. conshok26 macrumors 6502

conshok26

I received my phone on Friday and yesterday the sun was hitting the screen in such a way where I noticed about a 1" scratch that runs diagonally from the top of the phone and a little bit to the screen. Normally I probably wouldn't have noticed it but now that I know it's there I keep looking at it.

I'm not sure what could have caused this since I make sure it's never in my pocket with keys and I haven't dropped it.

I have a Genius Bar appointment to have them look at it Saturday and I'm wondering what your experience has been with something like this. I've had replacements before but that was for much larger issues. I can live with it but it's still annoying nonetheless especially how they mention this new process for the glass and how it's more durable.

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't be surprised if you walk out of the shop holding your current iPhone....

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If they have a front panels available, they will likely to replace the front only, but with a cost of course, since scratches aren't covered under warranty.

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Just return it.

5. ssl0408, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

You should probably just return it for a refund.

6. conshok26 thread starter macrumors 6502

conshok26

Chances are they wouldn't have my model in stock so I'd be without a phone.

I guess it can't hurt asking, but I also don't think I would scratch this special glass just by wiping it off on my t shirt.

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

They replenish models daily. Just order another one at 8am and exchange the one you have.