Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slpdLoad

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2009
At this point, I would certainly say new.

Not that you can tell Apple's refurb products from new...

blg123

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
When I purchase my new Wifi+3G iPad on Friday at my local Apple Store, do you think they will cooperate if I ask them to verify that there are no dead pixels and/or dust under the screen before I leave the store? I am, after all, going to drop over $1,000 on the 64GB version + accessories!

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
When I purchase my new Wifi+3G iPad on Friday at my local Apple Store, do you think they will cooperate if I ask them to verify that there are no dead pixels and/or dust under the screen before I leave the store? I am, after all, going to drop over $1,000 on the 64GB version + accessories!

If there is a single dead pixel, you don't have a case.

If there are several, you do.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1721

blg123

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
What I want to avoid is leaving the store with it, and finding it out a few days later. By then, they will no doubt be out of stock again. I'd prefer to find out and take care of it right in the store when I purchase it. Is there a way for them to run a test on the screen right away to find out if it's okay?

pinksatin

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
columbus.ohio
I think I have two dead pixels on mine... Would they return it and let me upgrade to the 3G version? Haha ok not likely but any thoughts?

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
Got a replacement due to wifi issues without even a Q from the Genius. Very happy :D :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.