Genius Bar stand by for iP4 good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by agallowa, Jun 30, 2010.

1. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

my wifes iP4 has the good ol returning yellow spot on her screen it was there the day we got it then went away a day later and now is back a week later again. i tried to make an appointment at the genuis bar for today to get everything taken care of but the soonest they can see us is friday which doesent work for us we cant make it in until sunday other than today. i called and asked if they could squeeze us in and they said all we can do is come and and do a stand by and hope someone doesent show up or someone finishes early. anyone done this before or know if its even worth wasting the time waiting there? she said it could be 10 minutes or it could be hours. any advice guys thanks.

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

The yellow spot will still be there when you're available. Pick a time you can be there and save yourself the wait.

3. nikmash232 macrumors newbie

Never go for stand by because you never know if they will take you or not. I once waited for an hour and they wouldn't take a look at my iPhone. So best bet is to go with an appointment.