Genius bar today... what can i expect them to do?

laney1999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
Hi,

I went to the genius bar last month (23rd) because i had a piece of dust under my screen, the speaker was making a weird noise and my signal frequently dropped. Anyhow they replaced it. Now near a month later im having more problems :/ . When im on calls, i can hear my voice echoing loud and clear, just as if i said something twice but the other person could not hear it. I replaced my sim twice, did a factory reset and still nothing. It also gets so hot in the upper third of the phone that i have to use my iphone 4s out of fear of the battery exploding! It is an iphone 6. What can i expect today at the apple store?

laney1999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
I'd expect an exchange with those problems.
Will they do this even though they've already replaced it? What if they cannot replicate the problems at the store because the overheating occurs around 5 mins after I start browsing the web?

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I would expect them to replace as well, even if you've already done so, since it's still under 1 yr limited warranty. I would browse 5 mins before your appointment time. Mention your fear of battery exploding, play it as if you're scared, they probably would exchange just based on that.

Reactions: jbachandouris