Genius couldn't solve my problem. Could you..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kolo, Jan 7, 2015.

1. kolo macrumors newbie

When I start my MBP and later my wife switch to her account than she will allways get this- (Screenshot - https://www.dropbox.com/s/fx89pt9rvfxk3h8/Screenshot_2015-01-07_18_45_19.jpg?dl=0 )
    I have to switch to my account and back to her account in order to solve the problem.

Genius did all the tests and the Memory, SODIMM, 4 GB, DDR3,1600 was changed. Unfortunately, the problem is still there.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Is the problem that the desktop picture leaves a blank spot on the right side?

Did you check desktop/screensaver in system preference * fill screen -fit to screen - stretch-etc* ?

3. kolo thread starter macrumors newbie

There is not only blank spot on the right sight but also the Dock will not occurre and stay hidden even if i try to work with my mouse.

I checked desktop/screensaver - didn't help. Thanks for your idea - thewap.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Perhaps a corrupted account, maybe if you delete the wonky account and then recreate it.

5. kolo thread starter macrumors newbie

I created an another "test" account and still the same.

6. Freyqq macrumors 601

This is definitely a software issue. Maybe a repair reinstall of OSX? You are also running a few programs at startup it seems. Try disabling them at startup and see if it fixes the problem.

7. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

before u install it, back it up to a usb

8. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

Repair disk and disk permissions first. If it still persists then try an OS reinstall (backup recommended but not required). Reinstalling the OS will just overwrite the current OS files with new ones, and usually it would end up pretty much the same as before. It will correct any minor problems in the OS that may have came up (missing system files, corrupt system files, etc).

9. kolo thread starter macrumors newbie

I did - no change.

----------

I did - no change

10. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

You formatted the drive & reinstalled the OS from scratch?

11. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Confirm on that part. what exactly didn't you do? repair, reinstall, stop startup software, etc.?