Genius Doesn't Work for All Songs

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ma1nstr3am, Sep 7, 2013.

1. ma1nstr3am macrumors member

Is there a reason Genius doesn't work for all songs, especially when I do actually have songs that relate and I have multiple songs from the same artist and all songs have been purchased through iTunes and are labeled correctly?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

They have to be indexed and cataloged before they'll work(I may be using the wrong terminology here...). When I was still using iTunes to manage my music there were times that I'd have to re-sync my phone with my computer several times before the genius information would be fully up to date. Even then, some songs, even ones I bought on iTunes, never worked correctly for genius.

3. ma1nstr3am thread starter macrumors member

When I plug in my phone to sync with the iTunes Genius and I have sync over WiFi turned off, after the sync is finished, I'll click sync again and normally it goes through the steps pretty instantly since there's nothing new to sync but it will actually formulate a new Genius sync number of songs. First sync would be, example 1236 songs. Next sync would be 1673, then 800, then 1192. It's never consistent and never finishes.