Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clarenceworley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
After updating to iOS 5 and now adding iTunes Match, I noticed that you can't make genius mixes within the music app on the iPhone. I haven't checked my iPad yet. Anyone else notice this?

noty

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Unless I'm missing something it isn't available on my iPhone, iPad or Apple TV after enabling iTunes Match. I hope they change this because I actually use the genius feature a lot.

catskinsox

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2006
Here's what I'm doing as a short term fix until Apple adds Genius Mixes to Match:

Go to Doug's Scripts and download Dumb Down Genius Mix Playlist v1.2 (http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=dumbdowngeniusmix). You can read the description there of what it does and how it works, but it basically gives you a static playlist of about 70 or so songs that would come up in a genius mix. This playlist will be accessible with Match. This will give you a "sort of" functionality for Genius Mixes with it.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
iTunes Match is very half-baked on the iPhone. None of my playlists sync and it takes forever to download tracks (over wifi). I think I'm going to return to manually syncing my phone, but I'll continue using iTunes match to keep my home and work computers in sync.

jocamero

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Agreed. I've decided to do the same thing.

iTunes Match is very half-baked on the iPhone. None of my playlists sync and it takes forever to download tracks (over wifi). I think I'm going to return to manually syncing my phone, but I'll continue using iTunes match to keep my home and work computers in sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.