"Genius" no help, return department gave free bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone3gss, Jul 4, 2010.

1. iphone3gss macrumors member

People are wasting their time calling Applecare or going to the "genius" bar. Call to setup a return, and they will offer you a bumper. The "genius" will not be able to help, and neither will tech support at Applecare. The returns department will take you serious, and try to retain you as a customer.

Attached Files:

2. iphone3gss thread starter macrumors member

Bumper shipped from China. Hopefully my reception issues are a thing of the past!

Shipped
    Shipped on: Jul 6, 2010 via FEDERAL EXPRESS | Print invoice
    Tracking #: xxxxxxxxxxxx (Pre-sign for this shipment)
    Product / Part No.
    Unit Price

Qty

Ext. Price
    IPHONE 4 BUMPERS BLACK-ZML
    MC597ZM/A

$0.00

$0.00

3. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

4. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

dang how come my 2 free bumpers from apple havent even shipped yet when i got an email from them that the order number was generated on the 28th? that sucks. should i call them and follow up on it? mine is black and my wifes is white i have case numbers and order numbers for both her says it may be until the 16th like everyone else for the white but i was expecting my black one to ship by now especially since yours is already on its way

5. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

6. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

called apple and got two case numbers and two order numbers with all the tracking info started on the 28th of june and the black one says will ship in 5-7 business days and the white says ships by july 16th. i just sent an email to the guy handling the orders/cases and see if he can help or maybe push them through faster hopefully

7. iphone3gss thread starter macrumors member

I think they are just really behind on making them. They are shipping directly from China, which would seem odd for an accessory. My wife got a free pink bumper from Apple, but it doesn't ship until the 23rd.

8. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

My complimentary white bumper shipped yesterday from China :D

9. Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Jemi9OD

This, combined with people buying them to sell them on eBay for $75 buy-it-now, must be why I cannot even find a bumper in a retail Apple Store.

10. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

I bet EVERY person who calls Apple Returns is offered a FREE bumper. If they don't they're gonna lose a lot of business. Its such an inexpensive item, they'll quickly eat the cost to placate their customers.

They SHOULD give out free bumpers, though. They cost like 5 cents to make and they're selling them for $30!!!!!!

Personally, I believe that Apple was well aware of this limitation and made bumpers for this particular purpose. It's funny how in the past 3rd parties used to supply these accessories, and now Apple is in the business. Most likely, they foresaw this need due to the attenuation experienced with a weak signal. The traditional designs usually covered the entire back. Its odd how these are designed to hug the antenna.

11. techguy40 macrumors regular

12. amazingdm macrumors 6502

Well I called the returns department and they set up a return for me. No offer for a free bumper.
    What should I do?