Genius Playlists on the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VelvetElegance, Sep 15, 2008.

1. VelvetElegance macrumors regular

I just updated my firmware but I thought you could add genius playlists on the iPhone. Am I mistaken?

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

re-sync your music on your phone and the Genius icon will show up on your phone on the album art.

3. Linuss macrumors regular

When you make a Genius playlist in iTunes, you need to hit the "save" button at the top. It will then add it to the playlist tab to the left. You can then sync it to the iPhone and play it from the playlist section.

4. rsk137 macrumors member

Step 1: Make sure you have iTunes 8 installed and opened.

Step 2: Make sure you have software version 2.1 downloaded and installed on your device.

Step 3: Plug your device in.

Step 4: Make sure you have your device selected on the left hand column and you are on the screen that shows your device name, capacity, software version, phone number (if you have iPhone), et cetera.

Step 5: Click "Sync" in the bottom right corner of the iTunes window.

Step 6: Once done syncing, open your iPod application on your iPhone/iPod and begin enjoying the functions of genius!

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. VelvetElegance thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! This helped a lot. After I synced, everything works as it should! I think I am really going to like this feature..

6. rsk137 macrumors member

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

i've also noticed when i add music to my library, Genius doesn't recognize it (even if the artist is in the iTunes Store). you have to update Genius when you add new stuff if you want to be able to use the feature for those new tracks in iTunes or on your iPhone. i haven't bought anything from iTunes since Genius was introduced, and i imagine they will automatically be available to Genius. but, songs i've gotten from Amazon and added from CD's haven't been recognized until i updated.

8. Badgersb macrumors newbie

Genius has disappeared...

It was all working fine and, I have to say, loving it.

I added some podcasts onto my ipod last night and synced the phone and when I went to play some music this morning, the Genius 'atom' icon has disappeared from the bar at the top of the screen so I cant make a plalylist from a song I am listening to. I can however go to playlists, Genius and then sellect a song, although this is less user friendly.

Has anyone else experienced the icon disappearing yet? Apart from a resync tonight to see if it appears again does anyone have any suggestions?

Badgersb

9. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

I haven't tried yet but does anyone know how to get Genius working if you manually manage your music...no syncing?