"Genius Reservation Created by iLog"?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wiivile, Oct 27, 2014.

1. wiivile macrumors regular

I just got an email notifying me a Genius Bar appointment was made that I didn't make...

What: iPhone
    When: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    Where: Apple Store, Bridgewater

In "My Reservations" tab it says the reservation was "created by iLog".

What is iLog? Why is it creating Genius Bar reservations for me?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

3. wiivile thread starter macrumors regular

It's a real reservation, it shows up in My Reservations on my Apple ID...

4. chown33 macrumors 604

Call the store and tell them the problem.

It's possible that whoever made the reservation gave the wrong info, or the person at the store entered it incorrectly. The result is that whoever is expecting to come in on Wednesday at 6 pm is in for a surprise on Wed, or didn't get the notice at all. For example, if your email address or AppleID is one character different from someone else, I can easily see how a mistake would be made.

If the person who made the reservation also left a phone number or other contact info with the store, perhaps the store can contact them and make a correction.

Think of it as someone (the store) dialing a wrong phone number, asking to speak to Albert (assuming your name isn't Albert). I usually tell the caller there's no one here by that name, and then ask them what number they're dialing. If they tell me my number, I tell them the number they have is incorrect. But if they misdialed, I tell them that.

I also googled iLog genius bar appointment and found this:
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/23758501

So maybe it's a glitch in the Apple system, or maybe it's something worse. I'd still call the store and see if they have any additional info on who they expect to be seeing at 6 pm on Wed.

5. wiivile thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. It's just weird because that Apple Store is relatively close to me, though I've never been there.