Genius walk-in appt

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Do they ever take walk-ins? I know it's crazy busy now because they frigged up so many phones, and people are doing exchanges, etc. But this is Day 2 without cell service and I can't get an appt until tomorrow night. iTunes can't seem to locate the 8.0 file I downloaded, and I am getting an error when I try to restore. Out of ideas. I have a store 10 minutes away. Wondering what the chances of getting help are if I went over there around like 11am. Wondering if they'd prioritize someone whose phone they killed. Just curious. Worth a try I guess. They don't seem to be taking this as seriously as I'd hoped.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Not at this point ,not only is the store uber-busy because of the iPhone 6, support has been ratcheted up not doubt.

You need to make an appointment.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Thanks. I guess it's a waiting game. Support or 8.0.2. I guess I've learned my lesson.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
They do take walk-ins, but you have to wait behind anyone with appointments. Given that they are almost all booked up at this point, that would be a long wait...

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
Yes they do take walk-ins and one of the Apple rep will come to you, you tell them your situation, and they will set you up an appointment. I was there two days ago, but I had to wait 1 hour, so I ended up not making an appointment as I had to go to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.