Genius WizardPen drivers for the Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dllavaneras, Sep 29, 2007.

1. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Hey everyone

I was given a used Genius WizardPen 5x4 tablet today, and when I got home I checked the Genius website and found that the drivers are for Windows only. Is there a way I can make it work with my mac? Or am I simply out of luck?

EDIT: I got the OS to recognize it (Ink now appears in the system prefs), but whenever I try to use the pen, the pointer moves to the bottom right corner. :(

2. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

You may want to check around some opensource sites (like sourceforge.net), there are tons of random, specific little things on there, and you might get lucky. I found some good opensource drivers for an aiptek tablet I got a couple years ago, but that tablet was already supported in OSX by Aiptek, just not past 10.2, so it was probably easier to update for a project. Good luck (and check around on other tech forums, especially if the manufacturer has one, you may find someone out there who sorted out a workaround...).

3. dllavaneras thread starter macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

After keeping it in storage for a (long) while, I looked around again today and managed to make it work, sort of.

I used the driver from another genius tablet, the PenSketch. You can find it here. I can now use the tablet and configure it, but now OS X doesn't recognize the device as a tablet, and thus Ink doesn't appear in the system prefs. Also, Photoshop CS4 doesn't work with it, yet Lightroom does. Go figure!