Genius wouldn't replace my IPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gavernty, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Gavernty macrumors 6502

took my iphone in to get checked out today because my home button has been a pain in the ass since 4.1. I dealt with it this long thinking it was software related but even the new ios failed to fix it. So i took it to the apple store, but of course whenever you try to demonstrate your problem to the geniuses you end up failing and looking like a fool.... lol. Anyway my home button feels mushy and has lost a lot of its clicky feeling. I have problems bringing up the multitask bar, closing out of apps, and have read of people having the same issues. I scheduled to send my phone in for maintenance through the ups store but am wondering if I should even bother as I feel apple will just send them same phone back saying it isn't an issue.

2. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Did you ask for a manager?

3. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I would go to the Apple store again. Maybe even a different Apple store. Replacements all depend on the Genius you get, so going and trying to explain your problem to someone more reasonable, or at least likes handing out replacements to make customers happy will probably solve your issue.

4. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

I know the feeling. Everything works at the genius bar. I think they have a flux capacitor in the back that gives devices working capability. Anyway, I would call Apple's customer care line and have them open a case number, then go to the Apple Store with the case number that way its easier for the genius to replace.... Worth a try anyway.

5. Gavernty thread starter macrumors 6502

lmao I know right? Either that or they hypnotize you into think you have no real problem and leave the store more confused than when you came in

to respond to the other poster, no I didn't ask for a manger, the apple store was really packed today will probably try back during the week.

One more question, I opened up a repair order through apples website and they want me to send my phone to them through ups. In your opinion, should I even bother? Has anyone else used this mail in service and gotten a replacement. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they just repaired the button, as long as it works afterwards.

6. tim0409 macrumors regular

Hi

I had a similar problem with a 3GS. This was my second one and the home button did not feel right - mushy describes it well! Luckily the genius replaced it without too much grief although I get the feeling it depends on what kind of day they are having! Definitely worth another go or escalate it to a manager.