"Gently used" 2015 MacBook being sold for $600 - what are main things to look out for buying used?

Emergo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2016
what should I ask and look out for before making a purchase? Thanks

Emergo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2016
Ugh! I wish there were still local stores like Best Buy selling it. I don't trust refurbished or buying online. I need to see it personally. The tiniest scratch or stain will irk me. Are there other stores like Best Buy that may have the MacBook?

Biggie Robs

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
Jamaica Plain, MA
Ugh! I wish there were still local stores like Best Buy selling it. I don't trust refurbished or buying online. I need to see it personally. The tiniest scratch or stain will irk me. Are there other stores like Best Buy that may have the MacBook?
Scratches and stains are not a problem for me, unless they're on the screen, of course. I think refurbs are the way to go if one is on a budget, and sometimes even if one is not.

Reactions: MyMacintosh

yashz

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2015
USA
When I went to the Apple Store this morning, genius there said they have the gen 1 in stock as new and are still selling the gen 1 at $200/$300 discount (don't remember which) .

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Just an FYI, Best Buy is selling the first gen MacBook's again. They've got quite a few open box ones for very cheap as well.